Chicago Police have issued a community alert about three armed robberies committed in our area during the first week of August. The police have released the following information:
About the crime:
In these incidents, unknown offender(s) have approached the victims, produced handguns, and robbed the victims of their
Incident Times and Locations:
• 6100 block of N. Winchester Avenue, August 1, 2018, at 11:30 p.m.
• 2200 block of West Granville Avenue, August 3, 2018, at 9:20 p.m.
• 6000 block of N. Talman Avenue,
August 4, 2018, at 7:30 p.m.
About the Offenders:
• The offenders are described as unknown male blacks between the ages of 16 – 25, wearing t-shirts or tank tops. In one incident the co-offender was described as an unknown male white with blond hair.
What you should do:
• Always be aware of your surroundings
• Pay special attention to any suspicious people or vehicles loitering in the area
• If you are confronted by assailants, remain calm
• Remember any unique physical characteristics (ie., scars, limp, acne, tattoos)
• Never pursue a fleeing assailant
• Call 911 immediately and provide a detailed description of the offender(s)
including any vehicle description and license plate information
If you have any information on the above incidents, please call the Detective Bureau at 312/744-8263. Case numbers are:
JB-375209; JB-378102; and JB-379460. The reference number is P18-N-204.
Thanks to Mark Lebowitz and the 24th District CAPS office for releasing this information to the community.