Fire Guts Devon Wellness Center

The building housing the Santigram Wellness Center and an apartment residence  caught fire about 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday, April 12. Both the business and the apartment above it appeared heavily damaged. Residents of the apartment escaped the fire, although one young man suffered a minor burn to his left arm. The family cat also escaped.  The building is located at 2745 West Devon.

In addition to Chicago police and fire personnel, the American Red Cross sent a disaster relief team to aid the building’s residents. Ray Carter and Jordan Siwelski were on the scene shortly after the fire was reported, and accompanied the apartment’s residents back into the building to help salvage what they could of their belongings.

The building’s owner is reportedly out of town, but a friend is handling the board-up process.

The IQRA’ Bookstore immediately to the west of the burned building was undamaged.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.